MMA Steel Pte Ltd
Personal Data Protection Policy
In this Data Protection Policy (“the Private Policy”) MMA Steel Pte Ltd (“the Company”) will explain to you the purposes for which we collect and use Personal Data and how we manage Personal Data. This demonstrates our respect for the privacy of our customers.
The Company, our employees, contractors, partners or other parties working on our behalf shall abide by the Personal Data Protection Act (Cap 26 of 2012) and shall make thoroughgoing efforts to preserve the integrity and prevent loss of your Personal Data.
We reserve the right to amend and revise the Private Policy from time to time and the updated Data Protection Policy shall be binding on you subject to your rights at law.
- Personal Data
1.2 In the case when you use our website and services, the cookies, IP address, your account details and network data.
- Collection of Personal Data
2.1 We collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- When you submit any documentation relating to any of our services and supply of goods;
- when you interact with our representatives via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and agents;
- when you respond to our request for Personal Data;
- when we receive references of you from business partners and third parties;
- when we seek information from third parties about you in connection with our services and supply of goods to you.
2.2 We do not collect Personal Data automatically when you visit our website.
2.3 Any third party’s Personal Data submitted by you shall be taken that you have obtained the third party’s consent to provide the Personal Data to us. Examples of such third party are your spouse, children, parents or employees.
- Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- carrying and providing the services you requested by you including the preparation of documentation and application for permit or licences from relevant authorities;
- responding to your queries, complaints and feedback;
- conducting our administrative and business operations, analyzing and managing commercial risks;
- enforcing and protecting our contractual and legal rights;
- conducting marketing research, improvement of services provided to you ;
- maintaining your account, assessing credit facilities and carrying out billing;
- monitoring or recording phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
- processing any insurance claims and payments arising under the respective policies;
- any other purpose relating to any of the above or such that which in our opinion reasonably required the use of your Personal Data subject to your rights at law.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
- We do not disclose Personal Data to third parties except when required by law, when we have your consent or deemed consent or in cases where we have engaged the third party such as data intermediaries or subcontractors specifically to assist with our firm’s activities. Any such third parties whom we engage will be bound contractually to keep all information confidential.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure.
4.3 Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed to the following for the purposes listed above:
(a) Our related corporations and employees to provide our services to you;
(b) agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to us to fulfil and perform the services, to be provided to you;
(c) collection and repossession agencies in relation to the enforcement of repayment obligations for debts;
(d) our professional advisers e.g. lawyers and auditors;
(e) relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and
(f) any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
- Access to and Correction of Personal Data
5.1 Upon request, we will you with access to your personal data or other appropriate information on your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA.
5.2 Upon request, we will correct an error or omission in your personal data that is in our possession or control in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA.
5.3 We may charge for a request for access in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA.
- Withdrawal of Consent
6.1 Upon reasonable notice being given by you of your withdrawal of any consent given or deemed to have been given in respect of our collection, use or disclosure of his personal data, we will cease (and cause any of our data intermediaries and agents to cease) collecting, using or disclosing the personal data unless it is required or authorised under applicable laws.
6.2 Upon withdrawal of your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our services or withdrawal may result in the termination of any contractual relationship and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings, and our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
- Security and Protection of Personal Data
7.1 We shall implement generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to prevent leakage, loss or damage, unauthorised access, and copying of personal data in our possession.
7.2 We will cease to retain Personal Data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for collection of such personal data is no longer being served by such retention, and such retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
- Transfer of Personal Data out of Singapore
We will ensure that any transfers of Personal Data to a territory outside of Singapore will be in accordance with the PDPA so as to ensure a standard of protection to personal data so transferred that is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
- Effect of the Private Policy
This Private Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other onsents you may have previously provided to us in respect of your Personal Data.
- Governing Law
This Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.
- Data Protection Officer
If you have any concerns about how your Personal Data is protected or managed, please contact our Data Protection Officer via email at email@example.com.